Crew Controller Position
The Crew Controller is a shift-based position covering 24hrs. Reporting to the OCC Duty Manager during day to day with a direct reporting line to the Crew Logistics Business Administration Support Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for Pilot and Cabin Crew resourcing on a day to day basis in conjunction with the CityJet schedule and adhering to current FTL, FRM and CLA requirements. Also, the booking of adhoc hotac and Travel bookings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring that crew resources (both Pilot and Cabin Crew) are managed in the most efficient and cost-effective way, in compliance with documented statutory and regulatory requirements
- Prioritising safety, security and punctuality in all crewing decisions
- Co-ordination of crew hotel, travel and transport requirements
- Coordination of adhoc travel requirements pertaining to live operations
- Maintaining excellent communications with crew and relevant managers
- Thorough knowledge and management of crew training requirements on the live roster
- Adherence to departmental procedures
- Maintaining integrity of Company’s flying plan
- Awareness of cost saving mechanisms to maximize cost efficiency
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- A thorough and in-depth knowledge of FTL’s.
- Having a working knowledge of crew agreements and roster policies.
- Extensive knowledge of the aviation industry
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in an airline crew control/roster planning environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport (some travel required).
- Proven ability to manage complex and unpredictable situations, while working within a pressurised environment.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- High level of commitment and flexibility.
- A high degree of flexibility as this role is shift based.
- A resilient and mature personality.
- Ability to see the “big picture” and make important decisions in a short timeframe.
- Experience of a resource management / planning or a busy customer service role (an advantage).
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in a second European language (a Scandinavian language highly desirable)
Application closing date is Wednesday 18th May 2022.