CityJet is Europe’s leading regional airline based in Dublin, Ireland, operating a fleet of Avro RJ and Bombardier aircraft on wet lease services across the Continent.
CityJet has refocused its activities to becoming a provider of “wet lease” services to major airlines, whereby it provides service on an aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance (ACMI) basis to fly on behalf of its customer airlines. CityJet now has over 38 aircrafts on wet lease to airlines across Europe, including Aer Lingus, Air France, Brussels Airlines, and SAS (Scandinavian Airlines)
We are now opening applications for its 2019 Maintenance Engineering Apprenticeship programme, if you believe that you have what it takes to be part of an incredible journey with us apply now.
About the Apprenticeship
The CityJet Maintenance Engineering Apprenticeship is a 4-year programme run in conjunction with SOLAS and DIT which will allow successful apprentices to become fully qualified aircraft maintenance engineers once they have completed all phases. The apprenticeship is due to commence in September 2019. The programme consists of five phases of training, both on the job with CityJet and off-the job in Solas Shannon or DIT Bolton Street.
• Aged 17 or over on or before the 1st March 2019
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Be physically fit
• Must be able to pass a colour vision test and company medical assessment
• Must have the right to live and work in the EU
• Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport
• Suitable references
• Must be able to provide a satisfactory 5 year background check – subject to Garda Vetting
Minimum Educational Criteria
• Leaving Certificate
• Grade C or higher in Ordinary Level in the Leaving Certificate in the following subjects:
• Science subject – Chemistry, Physics, Physics and Chemistry, Applied Mathematics. If you have not obtained the required grade in any of the above Science subjects the following is acceptable at Leaving Certificate level – Construction Studies, Engineering
• Any two other subjects Grade C or higher on higher level papers is acceptable
How do I apply for the apprenticeship with CityJet?
1. Send your CV to the company before the 31st of May.
2. Successful candidates will then be required to complete an aptitude test online.
3. Successful candidates will then be interviewed by the company. The interview will consist of technical/practical and competency-based interview questions. The candidate will also be required to complete some more aptitude tests.
4. Successful candidates will be offered a place on the CityJet apprenticeship subject to meeting all the above requirements.
5. Apprenticeships will be due to commence in September 2019.
Seniority Level: Entry level
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Other